RA Award Submissions
Due to the university being closed Feb. 11 – 13, the Research Administrator Award submission deadline has been extended to Friday, Feb. 21, 2014.
University Research Services & Administration has established a commemorative financial award in honor of research administrators. This award is granted in recognition of superior leadership and service in helping Georgia State achieve the third goal of its strategic plan – to become a leading public research university addressing the most challenging issues of the 21st century. The award is to be used to cover expenses related to professional development including conferences, seminars, workshops, regional and/or national research administration meetings. The maximum award amount is $1,000. Up to three recipients may receive the award.
• The nominee must be a regular, current full-time staff member of Georgia State with a minimum of one year of continuous employment and cannot be on probation for job performance.
• The nominee must currently perform administrative duties for pre- and/or post-award support. URSA staff is not eligible.
How to Apply
• Applicant must complete the award application.
• Applicant must write a personal statement describing career goals. Essay should be between 300 and 500 words.
• Applicant must submit information about contributions or accomplishments achieved in the field of grants administration that benefited their department or the university. Essay should be between 150 and 250 words.
• Applicant must write a justification statement for the event they would like to attend. State how the event will benefit the applicant, their department and the university. Include a budget for how the scholarship funds would be used. Essay should be between 150 and 250 words.
• Supervisor must grant prior-approval (in writing) for recipient to attend the requested event should the scholarship be awarded and guarantee coverage of balance of the cost of attendance.
• One letter of recommendation – letter can be from any individual who can speak directly to the applicants’ contribution or accomplishments in the field.
The completed nomination or application package should be scanned and emailed with attachments to Princeanna Walker by 5 p.m. on Feb. 21, 2014. The award recipient(s) will be notified and announced in late February. Awarded funds must be utilized before Dec. 31, 2014.