Finding Funding for Research
PIVOT Funding Database
PIVOT is one of the most comprehensive databases of funding opportunities from all sources (local, statewide, nationwide, and international) covering nearly every type of need for which funding currently exists. PIVOT is available to all GSU faculty, staff, postdocs, and students with the GSU email address.
- PIVOT Log-in
- Register for PIVOT Account.
- How to Register for PIVOT(YouTube video)
- Register for PIVOT Online Webinars
- PIVOT Search Instructions(YouTube videos)
- Contact PIVOT Technical Support
Federal Funding Databases
These online resources provide the latest funding announcements from various federal agencies.
Non-Profit Funding Databases
These online resources provide the latest funding announcements from various non-profit agencies.
Federal, State, and Local Funding Databases
This online resource is available for a small monthly fee, but provides access to most federal, state and local government funding announcements, bids and contracts, listed by state.
Finding Funding for Research workshop provides participants with information about resources available to find funding for their research. Participants will gain hands-on instruction about how to use PIVOT, a global online funding database with more than 25,000 funding opportunities. Participants should bring a laptop or tablet to access PIVOT and build their own funding search as part of the workshop.
Below is a list of direct links to funding search pages for NIH, NSF, Dept. of ED and many other federal and non-federal sponsor agencies.
- Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Agency for Toxic Substance and Disease Registry (ATSDR)
- Corporation for National and Community Service
- Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES) - Fulbright Grants
- Dept. of Agriculture (USDA)
- Dept. of Commerce (DOC)
- Dept. of Defense
- Dept. of Energy (DOE)
- Dept. of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- Dept. of Homeland Security
- Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Dept. of Interior (DOI)
- Dept. of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Dept. of Justice (DOJ)
- Dept. of Labor (DOL)
- Dept. of State
- Dept. of Transportation (DOT)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
- National Endowment for the Arts (NEA)
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH)
- Social Security Administration (SSA)
- Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Smithsonian Institution
- Transportation Research Board
- American Cancer Society, Inc.
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS)
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- American Heart Association
- American Sociological Association (ASA)
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Ford Foundation
- Georgia Dept. of Behavioral Health and Development Disabilities
- Georgia Dept. of Community Affairs
- Georgia Dept. of Early Care and Learning
- Georgia Dept. of Economic Development
- Georgia Dept. of Education
- Georgia Dept. of Human Services
- Georgia Dept. of Labor
- Georgia Department of Natural Resources
- Georgia Department of Public Safety
- Georgia Department of Transportation
- Healthcare Georgia Foundation
- Higher Education for Development
- John Templeton Foundation
- Mathematica Policy Research, Inc.
- National Humanities Center
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Space Telescope Science Institute
- W. Kellogg Foundation
- William T. Grant Foundation
Receive biweekly list of funding opportunity announcements collated by general discipline areas by the Office of the Vice President for Research & Economic Development (URSA).
Simply email Dr. Kelly Stout your request to be added to the list.