Getting Started with the IRB
How to get started with the IRB:
- You can find helpful information on the IRB website at gsu.edu/irb. For all the IRB policies, you can view the IRB Manual which is listed on the right side of the website.
- Complete the required human subjects training, CITI. Information can be found in the Required Education section of the website.
- Complete the IRB application in the electronic submission program, iRIS. Information about the application process and a guide to each question on the application is available.
- The iRIS program can be difficult to navigate. Using the step-by-step guides in the iRIS training portal is strongly recommended.
- Please see the information on informed consent and the model informed consent form.