CITI Course Registration
How to Register for the CITI Course
Go to www.citiprogram.org.
In the right-hand side of the screen, you will see “Create an account”. Click on “Register.”
Step number one states, “Select your organization affiliation”. Under “Search for Organization” enter full or partial name in text box. Then scroll down to step number 2.
Step number two states, “you must enter your personal information”. Type your first name, last name, and email address. Verify your e-mail and if you have a secondary e-mail, you’re welcome to enter that information, but it is not required. When you are done, click on “Continue to step 3.”
Step three asks you to, “Select Your Username and Password”. You may choose your own username and password. We have no regulations on what you used for either of these. It is strongly suggested that you use something memorable. Please also choose and answer a security question, then click “Continue to step 4.”
Step 4 asks you to enter your demographic information. Once you’re done, click “Continue to step 5.”
- Step number five asks if you want to receive CEU credits. This is optional. When you are done, click “Continue to step 6.”
- On the next page type in all of your information. The headings with a red asterisk by them are required. When you are done, click on “Continue to step 7.”
For question number one select the group that is most appropriate for the research that you will be completing. Group 1 for medical studies or Group 2 for social and behavioral studies. The IRB Reference group will require you to complete both groups.
For question number two, choose the box that applies based on your answer for question 1. Please note that RCR training is a university requirement; the training is not a requirement to be in good standing with the IRB.
For question number three, conflict of interest is required. Please select, “Yes.”
- Questions number four and five are optional. Click the “Complete Registration” button.
Click on “Finalize Registration” and you will see the message, “Your registration has been completed successfully.”
In the middle of the screen, you will see the heading ‘Course’. Directly under that are the courses listed that you have selected. Please click the link.
On the next page, you will see “Complete the Integrity Assurance Statement before beginning the course” Click on this link.
Read through the statement. Once at the bottom, be sure you agree with the first statement under the heading “Select the appropriate statement then click the Submit button:” Be sure the circle next to the first option is filled in and click the ‘Submit’ button.
You will then see a listing of all of the required courses. To begin, click on the word ‘Introduction’. This will begin the courses.
Read through the section. The Introduction does not have a quiz, but the other modules will. Click the link to ‘Go to the next module’ to continue with the courses.
- Read each module and complete the quiz at the end. A passing score is required for each of the modules.
Instructions for Locating and Completing International Research Module CITI Program
- Go to www.citiprogram.org
- On the right-hand side of the screen enter your “Username” and “Password” that you previously created, and click the “Log In” button
- On the Main Menu page you will see your Institution’s course listing, with the following headings: Course, Status, Completion Report, CE Eligibility, and Survey. Under the “Course” heading, scroll down to your selected “Group“: Group 1-Biomedical or “Group 2-Social Behavioral” and click on it.
- Once on your selected “Group”, “Group-1 Biomedical” or “Group 2- Social Behavioral-Basic Course” page, you will see the following headings: Modules, Already Taken? Score, and CE Eligible. Under the “Module” heading, scroll down to “International Research-SBE (ID: 509)” and click on it.
- You are now on the International Research- SBE module
- Once you have finished reading the International Research module, you can take the quiz.
- To get to the quiz, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on “Take the quiz for International Research.”
- Once you have answered all of the questions on the quiz, click the “Submit” button on the bottom of the screen to register your answers.
Instructions for Locating and Completing Good Clinical Practice (GPC) Modules CITI Program
- Go to www.citiprogram.org
- On the right-hand side of the screen enter your Username and Password that you previously created, and click the Log In button.
- On the Main Menu page you will see My Learner Tools for Georgia State University. Select Add a Course.
- For Question 1, Human Subjects Research, you may add any of the courses listed or you may select Not at this time.
- For Question 2, Good Clinical Practice (GCP), you must select GCP – Social and Behavioral Research Best Practices for Clinical Research.
- For Question 6, Biosafety/Biosecurity Course, you may add any of the courses listed or you may select Not at this time.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Submit.
- Next click on GCP – Social and Behavioral Research Best Practices for Clinical Research to start and complete the 9 module course.
- Complete the Integrity Assurance Statement
- Start with Module 1, complete each module and associated quiz.
- When all modules and quizzes are complete, print a copy of the completion report.