Obtaining Authorization to Order, Possess, and Use Radioactive Materials
Note: Please save each form below to your desktop before completing them
Principal Investigator Permit Application Procedure
- Attend the Initial 2-Hour Radiation Safety Training which is required for the PI and all personnel working with radioisotopes.
- Fill out and submit an Isotope Permit Application-Form A
- Fill out and submit a Radiation Protection Protocol Form for each isotope you wish to work with.
- Submit all forms to email@example.com or you may drop them off at Suite G-88 in Dahlberg Hall.
Dosimeter Badge Procedure
- Attend the initial 2-Hour Radiation Safety Training course
- Fill out and submit the Personnel Dosimetry Form
- Submit form to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may drop them off at Suite G-88 in Dahlberg Hall.
- Your information will be given to the badge vendor
- Within 2 weeks a badge should be delivered to your laboratory
- Wear your badge every time you work with radioisotopes
- Store the badge on the badge rack in the laboratory when not in use
IF YOU ARE PREGNANT:
You have the option to declare your pregnancy as defined by Chapter 391-3-17 “Rules and Regulations for Radioactive Materials.” To declare your pregnancy, please submit the Declaration of Pregnancy to the Radiation Safety Program via email to email@example.com.
Please refer to the Occupational Radiation Exposure Limits information for more details about exposure limits for pregnant radiation workers.