Saving a Document in .doc Format
Saving Documents in the .doc Format
How to save a file in .doc format:
- Have the file that you would like to save open in Microsoft Word.
- Click the “Office Button” (the colorful button in the upper left corner of the screen).
- Click “Save As.”
- A new window will open titled “Save As.”
- At the bottom of that window in the middle, you should see a drop down menu, “Save As Type:”
- From that drop down menu select “Word 97 – 2003 document.”
- Be sure that the document is saved in a location you can remember with a descriptive title and click the “Save” button.