Radiation Safety Procedures
Principal Investigator Permit Application Procedure
- Attend the Initial 2-Hour Radiation Safety Training, MANDATORY for the PI and all isotope workers.
- Fill out and submit an Isotope Permit Application-Form A
- Fill out and submit a Protocol Form for each isotope you wish to work with.
- Submit all forms to email@example.com
Dosimeter Badge Procedure
- Attend the initial 2-Hour Radiation Safety Training course
- Fill out the Personnel Dosimetry Form
- Return the form to Radiation Safety, PO Box 3099
- Your information will be given to the badge vendor
- Within 2 weeks a badge should be delivered to your laboratory
- Wear your badge every time you work with isotopes
- Store the badge on the badge rack in the laboratory when not in use